GRADUATE STUDIES APPLICATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN 2020-2021 SPRING SEMESTER
Graduate studies are carried out in the Graduate School of Health Sciences in our university. International students can apply to graduate programs for 2020-2021 Spring Semester by the following instructions.
LIST OF GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
|MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMS*||DOCTORAL PROGRAMS|
|Analytical Chemistry||Maternity and Gynecology Nursing|
|Nutrition and Dietetics||Traditional and Complementary Medicine|
|Pharmaceutical Toxicology||Medical Biochemistry|
|Histology Embryology||Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Pharmaceutical Research and Development Studies||Medical Microbiology|
|Maternity and Gynecology Nursing|
|Physical Exercise, Health and Sports Science|
|Traditional and Complementary Medicine|
|Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation|
*All the studies of master’s degree are carried out with thesis in Graduate School of Lokman Hekim University
International students are accepted to graduate studies within the quota that is determined by the Graduate School Administrative Board “EYK”. The applicants should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a higher education institution recognized by the Higher Education Council “YÖK” and fulfill the requirements determined by Lokman Hekim University.
The application deadline of graduate studies for the spring semester of 2020-2021 academic year is 5th February, 2021. The application dates of international students’ transfer are between 11th January and 5th February, 2021. All the applications will be online. International students can apply by filling out the Application Form (https://applylhu.force.com/s/ ) with the required documents listed below.**
The application is evaluated by the relevant graduate school department, after completion of the online application. If the relevant graduate school department approves the application, a certificate of acceptance is sent to the applicant in order to perform visa procedures. The final registration will be completed when the student pays the tuition fee and enrolls to the program before the beginning of the first semester.
**Required Documents for Application
- Click for the Application Form
- Diploma or Graduation Certificate (original Bachelor Diploma for master’s degree/integrated doctoral degree, or their Turkish translation approved by official authorities/notary)
- The original bachelor transcript for students applying for master’s degree /the original master’s degree transcript for students applying for doctroral degree, and their Tuskish translations approved by the notary or Turkish Embassy/Consulate.
- Identity document (Turkish translation of the valid ID approved by the notary or Turkish Embassy/Consulate),
- Both Turkish and English translation of the pages (including photo and identity information, and student visa) of the passport should be approved by the notary or Turkish Embassy/Consulate.
- A certificate of B1 Turkish level, that proves Turkish language proficiency for international students, in order to pursuit Turkish graduate studies.
Evaluation and Admission of Students
- There is no quota for student admission to graduate programs at Lokman Hekim University. Number of students are determined by the decision of the Graduate School Administrative Board with the proposal of the relevant graduate school department.
- Final registration takes place every semester during the registration period specified in the academic calendar of the International Relations Coordinator of Lokman Hekim University.
- The documents of the applicants are finalized by the decision of the Graduate School Administrative Board with the proposal of the relevant graduate school department.
- The applicants with a documented scholarship from Turkish Republic (or from their own countries) are accepted to graduate programs within the quota “outside the regular student acceptance quota” that is determined by the Graduate School Administrative Board with the proposal of the relevant graduate school department.
- The applicants for graduate studies based on bilateral agreements with Lokman Hekim University are accepted as graduate students outside the quota by the decision of the Graduate School Administrative Board with the proposal of the relevant graduate school department.
- In case of the applicant is not exempt from the payment of tuition by bilateral agreements, the applicant is obliged to pay the tuition. The tuition is determined by the University Board of Directors in accordance with the decision of the Council of Ministers.
- Successful students applying for students’ transfer for graduate studies are accepted by the decision of the Graduate School Administrative Board with the proposal of the relevant graduate school department.
Announcements of Results and Final Enrollment
- Application results are announced on the Web page of Lokman Hekim University.
- Registration procedures are carried out by the Student Affairs Coordinator of the Department of Education on the dates announced in the relevant academic calendar.
The List of documents required for final registration
In addition to the documents (Approved copy of diploma, transcript, passport and identity documents) that are handed out during the application process, the followings are also required for the final registration procedures.
- Three 6 Photographs
- Recognition document obtained from the Higher Education Board “YÖK” stating that the institutions where they study, if any.
- A minimum B1 level of Turkish Language Proficiency certificate or having a diploma acquired from a higher education in Turkey that proves Turkish Language Proficiency level adequate enough to pursuit graduate studies. Students, who do not have either of mentioned language certificate or a diploma, are given a maximum duration of two (2) semesters to acquire a B1 level certificate of Turkish Language Proficiency.
For Detailed Information; Please contact the International Relations Coordinator.
Telephone: Selen Yeşil and Ejder Büyükyurt (+90) 444 8 548-6137