1. When was the Faculty of Medicine established, when did it start education, and has it produced any graduates yet?
Lokman Hekim University’s Faculty of Medicine was established in 2017 and began its academic activities during the 2018-2019 academic year. It has not produced any graduates yet.
2. What is the course language for the Faculty of Medicine?
The course language is Turkish. It is intended that our students graduate with “Level B1” English through intense English classes included in the medical program.
3. Where is the education of Faculty of Medicine delivered?
The education of Faculty of Medicine is delivered at Söğütözü campus that is 8 km to city centre, 12 km to beltway, 4 km to Bus Terminal (AŞTİ), 8.5 km to High Speed Train Terminal, and 34 km to Esenboğa Airport.
4. Does the Faculty have a training and research hospital?
Our Faculty is affiliated with Lokman Hekim Ankara Sincan Hospital and Lokman Hekim Akay Hospital that have the largest number of beds among the private hospitals located in Ankara. Our students receive the applied education within those hospitals and serve their internship at those hospitals as well.
5. What are the physical infrastructure facilities for the applied courses?
For the applied courses of our students, there are nine multidisciplinary laboratories that have been constructed by the state-of-the-art technology, have modern equipment, and which include simulation and anatomy dissection laboratories.
6. What kind of education system does the Faculty of Medicine use?
The Faculty uses an integrated medical education. This system integrates the theoretical and applied classes, therefore there is no education outside the institution during the Terms I, II and III. The internship during the Terms IV, V and VI can be served at Lokman Hekim Akay and Lokman Hekim Ankara Hospitals. Click here for detailed information about the Curriculum and Examination Regulation of Faculty of Medicine.
7. How is education of Faculty of Medicine supported on the electronic environment?
The Faculty of Medicine uses the KEYPS software that allows students to reach educational objectives, contents and sources of courses they receive.
8. Are there any overseas and Erasmus opportunities?
Our University has made necessary applications for the student exchange programs ay national and international levels, and exchange of students will begin during the 2020-2021 Academic Year. Click here for detailed information.
9. Is it possible to be transferred from Lokman Hekim University’s Faculty of Medicine to any other Faculty of Medicine?
Click here to have access to Lateral Transfer Instruction of Lokman Hekim University.
10. Are international students allowed to apply to Faculty of Medicine?
Yes, they are. Click here to have access to International Affairs Office. Click here to access the examinations and score table required for admission of International Students to Lokman Hekim University.
11. Is it possible to do a minor while we are studying at Faculty of Medicine?
The curriculum that students are allowed to have in order to obtain a second undergraduate diploma is called “Double Major Program”, and the curriculum that students are allowed to have in order to allow them to have knowledge on a specific area in another department of faculty is called “Minor Program”.
This program is not applicable to the Faculty of Medicine.
12. Will those who are ranked as first or second in school get scholarship?
Click here for detailed information.
13. How many hospitals that are affiliated with Lokman Hekim University are there?
There are Akay, Etlik, Sincan hospitals that are located in four different locations in Ankara, there are two hospitals in Van, and there is a diagnosis and imaging centre in Erbil, Iraq.
14. Can I do my internship in any Lokman Hekim hospital?
Our University has entered into an affiliation agreement with Lokman Hekim Ankara Sincan Hospital and Lokman Hekim Akay Hospital for the practical work.
15. How will the education for Faculty of Medicine be delivered?
The Faculty of Medicine uses the integrated medial study that consists of six terms, each covering one school year. The course language is Turkish. The medical study is delivered on the basis of class committees during the Terms I, II and III, and on the basis of internship during the Terms IV, V and VI. The class committees and exams are organized as annual programs. However, internship and elective courses are organized on the basis of half term. Also, you will be educated as a “good physician” in any aspect as you will find the opportunity to participate in scientific works of our academicians and be assigned to social responsibility projects.
16. Do I have to attend the classes?
You have to attend 70% of each theoretical class committee and elective theoretical courses during the Terms I, II and III, and 80% of applied courses.
17. Will there be any preparatory program?
There will not be any preparatory programs. The students will receive general and professional English courses during their education period. So, you will study with a dynamic English study program.
18. How many teachers are there at Faculty of Medicine?
Please click here for our academic staff.
19. Will I practice on a cadaver during the anatomy classes?
Yes, the students will practice on cadavers and realistic mock-ups during the anatomy classes. Out university has already 3 cadavers.
20. Will I have the opportunity to perform any scientific works during the undergraduate study?
Yes, you will. Our university has a powerful academic staff. You will have the opportunity to make research on any subject you like accompanied by the specialized teachers from the first grade. We will provide you with support and facilities as much as we can.
21. Where can I find the quota and price details of Lokman Hekim University’s Faculty of Medicine?
Please click here for detailed information.
22. Why should I choose Lokman Hekim University?
Please click here for detailed information.