Fast Access

Söğütözü Mh. 2179 Cd. No: 6
444 8 548

Frequently Asked Questions

Create Date : 26 June 2019

What are your student quotas?

There are different quotas for each department and program of our university. You can find this information in the Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM) Preference guide.

Click for Lokman Hekim University 2020-2021 Academic Year quotas.

What is your language of instruction?

The language of instruction for all programs at our university is Turkish. Our students are expected to graduate with English at the “B1” level with the intensive English program placed in our curriculum without a preparatory year at our university.

How can I enrol in your Education Programs, what are the necessary information for registration?

Those who graduated / to be graduated from secondary education institutions gain the right to register if they are placed by the Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM), after the Basic Proficiency Test (TYT), Foreign Language Test (YDT), and Field Proficiency Tests (AYT) within the scope of the Higher Education Institutions Examination (YKS).

Those who graduated / to be graduated from associate’s degree programs gain the right to register if they are placed by the Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM), after the Vertical Transfer Examination (DGS).

You can enrol to our university with the following documents between the registration dates determined by the Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM):

  • Tuition Fee Information Form (It should be received from the financial affairs regarding the payment of tuition fee)
  • Portrait Photograph (8 unit)
  • High School Diploma (Original)
  • Copy of Identity Card
  • Copy of Civil Registration (It can be received from e-Government (e-Government))
  • Declaration of Address (It can be received from e-Government (e-Government))
  • Criminal Record Certificate (It can be received from e-Government (e-Government))
  • Student Selection and Placement Centre (ÖSYM) Placement Certificate
  • Student Selection and Placement Centre (ÖSYM) Preference Form
  • Health Reporty (For First and Emergency Aid program)

Where can I find the tuition fee amount?

Click for Lokman Hekim University tuition fees for the academic year 2020 – 2021.

Lokman Hekim University rewards successful students with different amounts of scholarships pursuant to their success rates.

What are the payment terms of your tuition fee of university?

Education and training fees can be collected in instalments through contracted banks. In addition, half of the tuition fee can be paid during the first registration and the remaining half during the Spring term course registration.

How are the academic year tuition fees determined?

It is determined by the Board of Trustees at the beginning of each calendar year and notified to the student, not to exceed CPI + PPI / 2.

Will my registration be deleted if I do not pay the tuition fee?

According to the Regulation on Education and Training of our university, the registration of the student who does not pay the tuition fee is not deleted but the registration is not renewed.

How many terms/years can I take leave (Registration Freezing)?

Students may be allowed up to two terms at most for important reasons to prove.

How can I register for my course?

Our student course registrations, which are made automatically in the first year, will be made by our students in the following years, within the date intervals specified in the academic calendar.

How can I access the Student Information System of your university?

You can reach by clicking the quick access link on the top left of our website. You can also access our Student Information System from “obs.lokmanhekim.edu.tr” address.

What is your scholarship opportunities, what are the conditions sought for the continuation of scholarship?

Lokman Hekim University students gain the right to study with 100 %, 50 %, and 25 % scholarships in accordance with the results of Student Selection and Placement Examination (ÖSYS). Scholarships and discounts provided to students placed in scholarship programs only cover tuition fees and are also free of charge. However, if the period is extended within the academic year, the entire program fee determined for that year is collected. Click for detailed info.

What is the duration of the scholarships?

Scholarships are not cut during normal education. Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM) scholarships and discounts provided by Lokman Hekim University are non-refundable, but this amount is deducted in case of disciplinary offense and undergraduate transfer.

Who are the National Athlete Scholarships and Athlete Discounts for?

These are for the Faculty of Sport Sciences Coaching Education students. Click for detailed info.

Do you have a transfer opportunity with a scholarship?

Scholarship transfer opportunities are available within the conditions set by the Lokman Hekim University Student Affairs Coordination Office.

For detailed information about post-transfer scholarships, click here.

Do you have an Academic Success Discount / Scholarship?

Pursuant to the Lokman Hekı̇m University Scholarship and Discount Directive (for details, see www.lokmanhekim.edu.tr), we have an Academic Success Discount / Scholarship.

This ratio has been determined by the Board of Trustees for the academic year 2019-2020 as below.

At the beginning of each academic year for each Faculty / Department students, below discounts will be applied:

10 % discount for the 1st student.

7.5 % discount for the 2nd student.

5 % discount for the 3rd student.

Is there a transfer between departments in your university?

Students are allowed to transfer to another department / program at the same level within the institution within the framework of the “Regulation on the Principles of Transition between Associate and Undergraduate Degree Programs, Double Major, Minor and Credit Transfer Between Institutions in Higher Education Institutions ” and the principles determined by the University Senate.

Where will the internships to be held at the university?

Our students will carry out all practical training at our Lokman Hekim University Ankara Hospital and Lokman Hekim Akay (affiliate) hospital.

In addition, the internships of our other programs are carried out at the hospitals within the Lokman Hekim Health Group.

Do you have departments that admit students with a special talent examination?

Students are admitted with a special talent examination in the Department of Coaching of the Faculty of Sports Sciences.

Click for detailed information on the Faculty of Sport Sciences Coaching education.

What are the two year associate’s degree programs of your university?

Our University’s Health Services Vocational School Programs:

  • First Aid and Emergency
  • Anesthesia
  • Medical Laboratory Techniques
  • Medical Imaging Techniques
  • Operating Theatre Services
  • Dental Prosthetics Technology
  • Oral and Dental Health
  • Pharmacy Services
  • Dialysis
  • Elderly Care

Click for detailed information about the Health Services Vocational School Programs.

What kind of facilities do you provide for disabled students at your university?

All floors of our education building are accessible by elevator. Our elevators are supported by command panels, Braille alphabet, and audio warning system. We have disabled toilets on each floor. Our floors with classrooms, classrooms, common areas, and conference halls offer an unobstructed campus environment.

Can I do a Double Major or Minor in your university?

While the education program that is allowed to continue to enable them to get a second undergraduate diploma is called “Double Major Program”; the education program they are allowed to attend in another department or faculty, in order to provide them with knowledge in a particular field, is called the “Minor Program”.

Considering the provisions of the ” Regulation on the Principles of Transition between Associate and Undergraduate Degree Programs, Double Major, Minor and Credit Transfer Between Institutions in Higher Education Institutions”, Lokman Hekim University, accepted by the University Senate, “Double Major and If they meet the conditions determined according to the “Minor Degree Program Directive”, it provides the opportunity to do Double Major and Minor programs among the programs carried out at our University.

The double major diploma program ensures that students who meet the conditions of success and other conditions can take courses from two diploma programs simultaneously and receive two separate diplomas.

The minor certificate program enables a student enrolled in a diploma program to receive a certificate (Minor Certificate) that does not replace a diploma by taking a limited number of courses on a specific subject within the scope of another diploma program, provided that they meet the prescribed requirements.

Can I enrol at your university with additional placement?

After the registration, students are accepted to the open quotas of our university with additional placement centrally on the dates announced by the Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM).

Do you have a summer school?

Summer school education is not held at our university for now. Unsuccessful students can take summer school from other universities deemed appropriate. There are make-up examinations at our university.

Are there student exchange programs at your university?

Necessary applications have been made for international and national student exchange programs at our university, and these exchanges will begin in the academic year 2020-2021. Click for detailed information.

What are your transportation possibilities?

Our university is located in the centre of Ankara and all kinds of social facilities that you may need, within a distance that you can reach without any loss of time by any means of transportation.

How can I benefit from food service?

Lunch is served in our university’s dining hall. You can benefit from the food service by putting money on the Student ID cards that will be given to you by our university and having your ID card read on the kiosk machine.

Does the food service only cover lunch?

Yes, only lunch service is provided for now. Our cafeteria has the opportunity to offer services including other meals in accordance with your needs.

I lost my student ID card. Will the amount of money I have defined on my card be reset?

If you lose your Student ID card, your balance will be transferred from your old card to your new card if you apply since your last balance is registered in the system.

Do you have dormitory facilities?

Our university has no dormitory. Our university has contracted private dormitories (boys and girls). If our students wish, they can also stay in state dormitories when they are accepted. Click to see the contracted dormitories.