BASIC SCIENCES DEPARTMENT
The Faculty of Dentistry aims to be a pioneer in health education and raise dentists who capture the requirements of science and the age, aim to spread science and comply with both international and national standards. For this purpose, theoretical and practical courses are carried out in many fields, especially in the fields of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Medical Biology, Medical Biochemistry, Physiology, Biophysics, Medical Microbiology, Biostatistics as well as History of Medicine and Ethics. Our applied courses provide training in multidisciplinary laboratories of basic medical sciences built with the latest technology.
Head of the Basic Sciences Department
Dr. Irmak Partal
CLINICAL SCIENCES DEPARTMENT
- Oral, Dental and Maxillofacial Surgery: It is a department that performs the diagnosis and surgery of all disorders related to soft and hard tissues in the oral cavity in a clinical or operating room environment.
- Orthodontics: It is the department that contributes to both the functions and the quality of life of the individual by bringing both the aesthetics and function of the teeth, jaw and face to the ideal.
- Oral, Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology: It is the department where all diagnosis and treatment planning is done regarding soft and hard tissues in the oral cavity. Specialization training is three years.
- Prosthetic Dental Treatment: It is the department that provides the regaining of aesthetics, comfort and health of deteriorated, impaired or missing hard tissues in the oral cavity.
- Endodontics: It is the department that deals with the treatment of diseases caused by tissues that are located in the interior of the tooth and take part in its nutrition and protection. Specialization training is three years.
- Restorative Dental Treatment: It is the department that repairs the loss of substances occurring in the hard tissues of the teeth and provides the lost aesthetics and function to the patient.
- Periodontology: It is the department that examines the teeth and the tissues around the teeth and deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases occurring in these tissues.
- Paediatric Dentistry: It is the department that examines and treats the oral and dental health of children from birth to the end of adolescence.
Head of Clinical Sciences Department
Professor Dr. Feridun Hürmüzlü